Learn about the “CalWORKs = CalGRADs” Program at UC Berkeley.
Session 2, Tuesday, March 28, 4:00 p.m. – 4:45 p.m., Garden 2
- Get an overview of the program elements of a unique student parent support program located at University of California, Berkeley.
- Learn about the experiences of current and past CalWORKs students at a four-year institution.
- Share demographic profiles and graduation rates for low-income student parents at Berkeley (and their success stories).
- Look ahead to what is next for our students and their families, as well as for the “CalWORKs = CalGrads Program.
- Zuilma Garcia, Student Parent and Parent Ambassador, UC Berkeley
- Corena Longland, Student Parent and Parent Ambassador, UC Berkeley
- Erika Quinteros, Vice President, Student Parent Association for Recruitment and Retention, UC Berkeley
- Hideyasu Kurose, Student Parent, UC Berkeley
Audience: Directors and Coordinators, Counselors, Case Managers, Support Staff, Students, County Staff, Community Advocates